As of January 2015, Allure's Sample Society box is the only subscription box I have kept. I have really enjoyed the skincare samples I receive monthly from this box and this month did not disappoint. Out of the six items I received, I am loving five of them. This is what I got in January.
1. StriVectin Illuminating Serum. This was an accidental inclusion in this months box so it will also be in next months box. The full size of this product is $89 for 1oz which makes this sample size an amazing value at $22.50 for .25 oz. It is a skin brightening treatment and I am very excited to keep using this to see if it helps even my skin tone.
2. Phillip B Light Weight Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse. This Shea butter conditioner sounds nice but it will probably only be enough for one or two uses. I doubt it will be enough to see if I actually like it. The full size is $26 for 6oz which values this sample of .5oz at $2.17.
3. Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar. This is an anti-aging moisturizer for all skin types. Unfortunately it does not have any SPF so I will only be using this at night, but I am very excited to try it. The full size moisturizer retails for $47 for 2 oz which makes this size valued at $6.62 for .25 oz.
4. Zoya nail polish in Tiana. I love this color. It is an awesome mint green and I cannot wait to wear it. It is a full size polish so it retails for $9.
5. Revlon Photoready Eye Art Lid & Line & Lash in Peach Prism. I was already excited to try this product, but when I actually got it and swatched it, I became even more excited. It is almost a perfect match for the Wet & Wild 8 pan eye shadow in Comfort Zone. I have already worn this once and it is great. This eye shadow/eyeliner set is full size and retails for $8.99.
6. Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Deep Cleaning Bar. This is the one item I am not really into trying. Bar soup is not really something I ever use, so I'm not sure if I will try this, or gift it. It is a cleansing bar that can also be used as a mask if it is left on the skin for 5-10 minutes. A full size sea mud bar retails for $45 for 5 oz so I am going to estimate this sample retails for around $4.50.
Box Value: $53.38
Box Cost: $15
All together this box had a great value and I am very excited to use almost all of these items.
No comments:
Post a Comment